The simplicity of the design concept of the Latchways ladder system means it can be installed to follow the contours of the structure and so maximise its safety value in a working environment. The proven effectiveness of the LadderLatch unit with its unique starwheel component provides workers with the security of being constantly attached to the system whilst also having both hands free for climbing. In the event a worker should fall from the system, the LadderLatch immediately locks onto the system cable and arrests the fall.
If a worker attached to a Latchways ladder system should fall they are far less likely to be injured during the fall arrest process compared to a fall from a traditional hoop system.
Features and benefits of the LadderLatch are:
- Can be fitted to follow the contours of the structure.
- Suitable for retrofitting or as part of a new build.
- The whole system is unobtrusive and lightweight.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or adverse weather conditions.
- Can be installed for use in virtually all environments.
- Can be integrated into a comprehensive system incorporating vertical, inclined and horizontal sections.
- Will support up to four workers on a single line.
- LadderLatch starwheel unit rotates freely through the intermediate cable guides to give the user continuous hands-free protection.
- In the event of a fall, the LadderLatch device locks onto the cable and arrests the fall.
- Energy absorbers built into the system protect the end anchors from excessive loads should a fall from the system occur.
- The LadderLatch device can be attached or detached at any point in the system.
- Latchways ladder systems are easy to install and maintain.
- Comprehensive range of specialist components to enable installation on a wide variety of towers.
- Meets all appropriate international standards.
contact us for more information about the range of Latchways Roof Safety Systems